Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cape Cod Mini Vacation

Normally when I travel I get giddy and excited about trying out a new Crossfit box (See the listing on the right side of the Blog) and when I visit new boxes, I add another T-Shirt to my collection.

Every year, some girlfriends and I take a mini vacation to our other friend, who's parents have a vacation house on Cape Cod (ironically in the town of Dennis, MA).

I believe last year I tried to visit a box there located in Hyannis, but the owners were on vacation and the box was closed for the time that I visited, no big deal, I just did a couple at home WODs on the beach and looked like a weirdo.

This time there was actually a closer box, Crossfit Phase II fitness that I looked up and noted the class times, and of course planned to go to.  Things didn't quite work out as I had planned, but I wasn't a complete lazy bum!

 
The second day of vacation we took a ferry to Nantucket and decided to rent bikes.  We got a decent bike ride in and the trails were not flat.  I was really shocked to see how out of shape I was but thinking about it now, I really haven't been doing much of anything for a while. 

After about 10 minutes of riding, I was good to go, just had to get over that initial "hump."  We guessed our round trip biking adventure was about 12 miles, but do to some app malfunction, we will never know.  After we biked we indulged in some local food and drink:


 
The next day I was pretty sore from the bike ride, so I took it easy on the beach (which by the way, walking on sand with multiple things to carry isn't the easiest task).  But we took decent walks on the beach and on our last beach day we took a long walk onto the jetty which took some good balance and a little bit of courage. 


Over all it was a low key mini vacation and I didn't make it to a new crossfit box, but, I have to listen to my body (and baby's body too) and TRUST me I am eagerly waiting for January so I can really get back into things.

I hope while I'm on my Crossfit Sabbatical everybody else is killing it!


No comments:

Post a Comment