Monday, February 15, 2016

Year of Cardio - Crossfit Hydraulic in House Competition + Karen's 5k

In order to fit our entire Year of Cardio into a year, Dennis and I had one of the most fittest weekends of our lives.  

Dennis ran his 2nd race in the series (an 8k), I ran my 1st race in the series (a 5k), and we had an In House CrossFit Competition all in the same weekend.  

Dennis was completely nuts and did his 8k and then immediately followed by the competition.  My race however was on Sunday. 

The in house competition was a lot of fun and it doesn't hurt that Erin and I came in 1st place in the scaled division.  (Go us!). 

The Erin and Karen Show!

I'm not sure if the WODs were in our favor or that we were "over qualified" for the division, but whatever the case, we had a lot of fun.  

WOD 1, 2, 3:  3 minute AMRAP of Deadlifts, each time the weight increased.  

WOD 4: Clean Ladder.  I failed the last weight (115lbs) which upsets me because I know I can clean it, but oh well.

WOD 5: 12 Minute AMRAP of 10 Wall Balls, 10 Box Jump Overs, 10 KB Swings going up by 10 reps each round.  



The next morning I had my 1st race in my Year of Cardio series.  I was a little nervous because I hadn't been 100% true to my running training.  For whatever odd reason, I LOVE running road races on Superbowl Sundays.  

In 2012 I ran a Superbowl 10k and hit a huge PR!  2013 I signed up for a Superbowl race, but didn't actually go through with it because I simply didn't train.  

This year I have a new claim to fame.  Not only did I run the race, but I actually got 1st place in my age group!  Granted the competition wasn't exactly fierce, it's kinda cool that I finally placed!  



So there you have it, I have officially kicked off the running portion of my Year of Cardio.  My next race is scheduled for Sunday the 13th in Connecticut and is 5 miles (8k).  Now that I am back from Vacation (blog coming soon) I am hoping to get back on my training schedule so I'm well prepared for my upcoming races.  

No comments:

Post a Comment