Sunday, January 15, 2012

Who Am I to Judge?

With less than a year of Crossfit under my belt, I decided that instead of competing in the 2nd Annual PA's Fittest, I would get my Judge Certification and judge the event.  Not going to lie, I was a little nervous.  The certification process was cake and I, along with everybody else, passed with flying colors and ready for the event the next day. 

The main reason for having judges is to make sure that each athlete completes the crossfit movement to their standards.  For example, making sure the athlete gets enough depth on a squat, their chin is above the bar for pull ups, and if they don't you get to yell "NO REP."

NO REP!!!
Dennis and I used to joke about how funny it was to No Rep people when we watched the Crossfit games on ESPN.  After working the event, I can assure you "No Repping" people was not funny at all, ever. 

I took my role as a judge quite serious (as some of my fellow box mates noticed and joked about) and when I saw something was not done to the standards I no repped them. 

Some athletes took it with stride, and some simply got furious with me.  I always explained why the no rep was given and stood my ground, I even no repped a few Crossfit friends when warranted.  



It was a good experience to watch and judge all the competing athletes but at the end I was mentally exhausted.  

Saturday:

WOD:
Standing for 12 hours counting REPS 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment