Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goal #2

I've been very cautious about setting my 2012 goals, but like a ton of bricks this morning Goal #2 hit me. 



In 73 days I will be in the Bahamas at the Atlantis Hotel.  Since the weather here where I live has been less than warm, the thought of putting on a baithing suit hasn't even crossed my mind.  We are already in January and March will be here in no time. 

So here it is in writing, Goal #2: To be Bikini ready by my trip. 

Immediately after typing that goal, I started doing some research on the area.  The first thing I checked was http://www.crossfit.com/ to see if there is a box in the Bahamas.  Nope.  There is one that is trying to get started, but no box that is currently open already. 

Then I checked the resort to see what type of fitness center they have.  It looks absolutely amazing!  I saw some rowers, which is good, and then I saw you have to pay a daily fee of $15 per day!!!!  WOW.  I feel like that is a bit steep and completely unfair.  If worst came to worst, I will pay the daily fee, but I think I have some good solutions to keep me fit over vacation without breaking the bank.

1.  I will pack my trusty jump rope, abb matt, and my JournalMENU which has an entire section of Traveling/At Home WODS. 

2. I can run on the beach or around the resort.  I am mainly worried about the running situation because I am the type of runner that will lose all endurance if I stop for an extended amount of time. 

Wow....this kinda sounds like I am not making any excuses.......


So until that warm vacation, I will enjoy the cold weather as best I can, the only way I know how.....snowboarding!!





No comments:

Post a Comment