Monday, January 30, 2012

The Kettlebell Progression

If somebody were to ask me what my favorite power lift was, I'd reply Clean & Jerks and if somebody were to ask me what my favorite endurance movement was, hands down, it'd be the kettlebell. 

It took a while for me to warm up to the Clean & Jerk, but from day 1, I was in love with the kettlebell.  Can't really explain it, but it was love at first swing!  Before Crossfit I had never picked up a KB, but I'm really glad that I did.  If I could, I would kettlebell swing all day. 


Back in April of 2011, I started with the iddy biddy baby KB, the 8kg or about 17.5 lbs and as of this past Saturday, I am now swinging the 1.5 "pood" or just over 52lbs.  


That KB is bigger than my head!
I've danced around the possibility that I was ready to use the 1.5 pood in the WODs, but Saturday's cash out was a clear indicator that I will no longer use the 1 pood.  I did 22 unbroken KB swings and honestly, if I had properly chalked my hands, I believe I could have at least gotten to 30.  Just another awesome way you can monitor your progress here at Crossfit610. 


And here are some other fun kettlebell things:


that's like a what, 2 pood?
KB Necklace, key chain, bracelet, so cute!!



Friday:

Ran 3 Miles

Saturday:

WOD
30 Ring Dips (pb)
30 Box Jumps (24)
30 Thrusters (55lbs)
30 Ab mat Sit Ups
30 DU
30 Calories (row)

18:07

Sunday:

5.5 Miles Run in 55:38

Monday:

Endurance
5 Rounds
250 Meter Spring
10 Slam Balls (20lbs)

3 minutes rest

WOD
9-7-5-3-1
Over the Box Jump (20)
Burpee Pull Ups (jumping)

4:26

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! Keep it up Karen and you'll be in the Olympics where Carissa was!!!!

    ReplyDelete