Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Final Thoughts / New Self Challenges

First off, I'd like to thank Mike & Molly, everybody at Crossfit610, Dennis and all my friends for giving me support and encouragement over the last 16 weeks.  I couldn't have done it without you guys. 

My Final Thoughts:

I'm really happy that I was able to stick with both the diet and the exercising for the 8 weeks.  As I have posted before, I get to the end of a training schedule and completely freak out and quit.  That didn't happen this time.  I held strong and did everything I could to make sure I got no less then 3 WODs in per week.  (Including visiting other Boxes and doing WODs after attending a wedding). 

As for the diet, I really worked hard in getting in my protein, carbs, and good fats for most of my meals.  If I ordered out, I tried my best to stay in line with the guidelines, and of course I occasionally treated myself to a cheat meal or a beer, but I didn't let it derail me. 

My final weight of 146.2 was clearly my biggest victory.  I had set a goal to be in the 140's by September for Vegas and I have clearly  met that goal. 

The before and after pictures are what I cant get over. At first I was not happy at all.  I could see some differences for sure, but I thought that I would look way slimmer in the afters.  I was so upset that I had worked sooooooo hard and I still wasn't were I wanted to be physically, that I couldn't even write about it yesterday.  But now that I have had more time to think about it, I feel much better.  I have to remember that I have only been doing Crossfit for 16 weeks, that is only 4 months and the changes in my body and strength are incredible for that short of time.  I know that in another 8 weeks and then in another 8 weeks after that, I will be closer to where I want to be IF I work just as hard as I have been, if not harder. 

I don't think not being happy about my success thus far is a bad thing.  If I was completely happy then I wouldn't be motivated to continue Crossfit. 


So here are my new challenges for myself:

In 6 Weeks I'd like to be in the 130's 

In 8 Weeks I'd like to be doing RX in most movements

In 16 Weeks I'd like to see some abbs




Skill:
1000 Meter Row
3 x 10 Shouler Press 55lbs

WOD:
AMRAP 15 Minutes
25 Box Jumps (20 inch)
20 Kettlebell Swings (1 pood)
15 T2B
10 Burpees

2+28

No comments:

Post a Comment