Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 51: Weight Fairies Visited Me

As I noted before, I am no longer going to concentrate on my body weight and focus on the weights that I am lifting.

I created a new page on the blog to keep track of the type of movement and the weight that I am currently using.  The end goal is to get me at the prescribed weight for each movement. 

Since in the past I hadn't really paid attention or recorded my weights the past week I have simply asked Mike or Molly what they thought I should use and go from there so for today's WOD I used the 35lb bar for the Push Presses.  Once the WOD started I knew that my weight was too low, but oh well, I had already started. 

As I returned from the 200m run, I noticed I had been visited by the Weight Fairies!  Magically two 5lbs plates had been added to my bar.  This is another reason why crossfit is awesome.  Mike and Molly were clearly watching over me and everybody else in the class to  make sure they weren't using too little or too much weight.  Where else do you get that type of training/personal attention? 

On a separate note, I'd like to welcome back Elissa!!  Elissa joined crossfit back in April during the Biggest Loser Competition and her and her sister kicked our ass!  She had recent surgery but has been "ok'ed" to come back to Crossfit!  HOOORRAY!


And I think it's worth mentioning that Mike and Molly without knowing it, played my most hated crossfit song this morning! 


SKILL:
2,000 Meter Row
3 x 10 Shoulder Press 35lbs

WOD:
15 Minute AMRAP

5 Push Press
8 Pistols
200 Meter Run

5 Rounds Completed

No comments:

Post a Comment