Monday, August 15, 2011

39 Days to Vegas: Happy Birthday Colleen!

Today is my sister-in-law's 27th birthday and to celebrate we are going to visit her and have dinner with her and some friends.  Knowing this Dennis and I planned to attend the morning WOD. 

I was fearing going this morning because I took Sunday off and typically going after a day off (and especially in the mornings) are harder than usual.  I started off with a 500 meter row and killed it.  I want to get on the board (see picture) and I think rowing is probably my best shot.  The lowest top score is a 500 meter row in 1:52 and I did it in 1:57.  Very close!


PR Board
I was also very excited that I got up to 85lbs on the back squat.  I am really eager to get some of my weights into the triple digits soon!

I had to laugh when I started the WOD I had a longer (red handle) jump rope and I could barely do any DU's.  I swapped out for the shorter rope (green handle) and I was stringing together 10+ jumps.  I guess I should still with the green handled ones. 

The ring rows were really challenging, I could only do about 3 in row and then breaking.  It wasn't that I was out of breath, it was that fact that after all that jumping my arms felt like jello and had to be shaken out after three reps. 

Back to paleo dieting today, after the WOD I had my normal 3 eggs, 1 cup blueberries, 1 plum, and 9 cashews.  Looking forward to feeling better and hopefully continuing seeing more results! 


Skill:
500 Meter Row (1:57)
100 Flutter Kicks (L/R = 1)
2 x 10 Back Squat (85lbs)
3 x 7 Shoulder Press (55lbs)

WOD:
100 DU
100 Ring Rows
100 DU

19:40

No comments:

Post a Comment