Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Support Systems

Santa was clearly trying to tell me something this year when he left running shoes, running clothes, a jogging stroller, and money to sign up for races in 2013.

Santa is a person that I certainly didn't want to disappoint so January 1st 2013 I laced up my new shoes and start running using a trusty running program from Hal Hidgon. 

One HUGE challenge that I've had with running is scheduling my run.  I would have to sit down, see what my running requirements for the week were and compare it to my work and social life for the week and figure out what 3 days I could get to Crossfit and what 3 days I could get my runs in.  A challenging task on its own.

Now add baby to that.

I am super duper lucky that Dennis and I both take working out seriously and we are both willing to do what it takes to make sure we both get our work outs in.  So far, it seems that me going to the 6am and then Dennis going when I get home from work for the 5:30 or 6:30 is the best way for us to juggle the baby and both of us make our class.  We try to avoid bringing Shane too the WODs without somebody watching him because obviously babies are unpredictable and if he starts crying in the middle of a work out, it would be super frustrating to have to stop and tend to him.  So far when we've had to do this, he's slept through the workouts, but again it's a gamble.

Dennis has been nothing but supportive with my "getting back to it" mission.  Lately on my run days, we will meet at a park, he will walk with Shane while I run and then I take Shane home and Dennis heads off to Crossfit.  It's an awesome arrangement.  Eventually I'll be able to run with Shane and the stroller, but right now in the beginning, it's nice to be outside doing something active as a family.



Like I said before I am super duper lucky that Dennis and I share this love for Crossfit and we support each other in doing so.  If you aren't as lucky, you can find support systems everywhere. 

My friends and I have a friendly "Biggest Loser" thing going on right now.  We created a facebook group and support each other, write tips, share work outs, and heckle each other if we suck. 

People / Trainers at the gym will support you.  We are all there for the same reason and they are there to pick you up and motivate you to keep going, get that last rep in, or finish it out. 

01-08-13


Warm Up:
5 Slam Balls every 30 seconds for 5 Minutes (20lbs)


Strength:
7 x 2 Bench Press  (75lbs)

WOD:
3 Rounds 1 Minute on Each Station
Double Unders (Singles)
Row
Bike
Burpees onto Plate
Shuttle Run

Total Reps: 325

No comments:

Post a Comment