Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Crossfit Chantilly

Now that Ragnar is completely done, I can start to refocus on my fitness goals.  After the half marathon, I basically gave up on all training, and trying to eat right seemed so pointless if I wasn't Crossfitting.  The answer was very clear to me.  

I need to rejoin Crossfit and be a part of the Crossfit community again.

No offense to Capital Crossfit, but I wanted to check out another local box get a feel for those their box was run.  So this morning, at 5am, my alarm went off and 10 minutes later I was off to explore Crossfit Chantilly on my own. 

The location is not more that 10 minutes from my house and there for, not more than 10 minutes from my work.  I figured out that with my 2nd job, my child and husband, the ONLY time I'd ever be able to Crossfit on the weekdays is at 6am.  Which I guess I'm ok with....just makes for a loooong day overall. 

At first I was apprehensive about the box, it's in a shopping plaza with other business, and traditionally I've been to Crossfit's in storage facilities and more "rough around the edges" locations.  However, once I walked through the doors, I was suddenly flooded with a great, great feeling. 

I felt like I walked right back into Crossfit610. 

I was the only person so far (I came early to fill out any paperwork) and the Trainer mentioned that because of the school delay, the 6am class would probably be very small.  Gotta love small favors!

We started off with a pretty intense "warm up" (which reminded me of doing all the endurance work at 610) and then it was time for the WOD.

Grace

Ok, somebody was just looking out for me at this point.  Grace is one of my favorite WODs because it is simply Clean & Jerks.  After the 5 minute-ish workout, we did some strength and then core work.  

I couldn't believe how happy I was to be sitting in my own sweat once again.  

I was able to shower at their facility and get to work with 15 minutes to spare, a luxury some boxes weren't always able to provide.  

I was on my exercise high until about 11:30am and then I started to feel my body respond to what I had done to it hours early and that's when I knew that after only 1 WOD there, I am 90% sure this will become my home box and I can't wait to go back tomorrow. 

Warm Up:
2 Minutes of Jump Rope
2 Rounds:
30 DU
20 Good Mornings
20 Front Squats
10 KB Swings
10 Ring Rows
5 Knees to Feet

Mobility:
Rack Stretch

WOD:
Grace
30 Clean and Jerks for Time
4:14 @ 55lbs

Core:
3 x 8 Straight Leg Deal Lift (85lbs)
4 x 75 Seconds Plank Holds



No comments:

Post a Comment