Monday, February 13, 2012

Eat, Sleep, WOD & Run

After a busy Friday and Saturday, I was happy to have a Sunday to do nothing.  And when I say nothing, I really mean: grocery shop, plan meals, laundry, clean, run 4 miles, and of course doing day 2 of the Burpee Challenge.  


After hours of delaying my run and Dennis out playing poker, I figured I should just go and get it done with.  



It was very cold and windy, but things like that haven't stopped me before and I actually thought to myself, what would I tell my bloggers? haha.  


Knowing that I had after work plans (or so I thought) I went to the 6am class today and it kicked my ass.  We started off with 50% back squats, and did 1 the first minute, 2 the second minute, 3 the third, etc. all the way to 10 minutes.  That was surprisingly challenging.  (I don't know why I get surprised anymore when workouts kick my ass).  


Then onto the WOD.  I was hoping to do 5 minute rounds, but the push press defeated me.  The first round I was able to do about 10 in a row and then I had to drop the bar.  The 2nd and 3rd round, I was splitting them up into 5 reps and then dropping.  Huge time waster I know.  I didn't make it to the 5th round, but I tried and that is all I can do.  


Post WOD I did my 3 burpees and some GHD sit ups.  


My after work plans got cancelled which was ok, because with my workout already done it gave me some much needed time to relax.  :)  

Sunday:
4 Mile Run


Monday:
Strength
10 ascending BS @ 50% 1 RM = 80lbs


1st minute = 1
2nd minute = 2
3rd minute = 3
.........
.........
........
10th minute = 10


WOD
5 Rounds
20 Push Press (65lbs)
20 Half Moons (10lbs)
20 Burpees


20 minute time cap


3+21

No comments:

Post a Comment