Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 32: There's No Fun in Crossfit!

As crazy as this sounds, the 6:00am class was actually fun this morning.

Granted it took me about 20 minutes of debating whether or not I was going to attend the class, but with the little pushing of Dennis, I went.

6 people showed up for the class and 4 of which were women and we were just having a good time talking about the movements and our individual strengths and weaknesses.  We helped each other during the WOD to stay motivated and get in as many reps as possible. 

We started out with a group stretch and I really enjoyed it since I was still a bit sore from Day 30.  Then we practiced our "get out of the pools" on the rings and we were ready for our 20 minute AMRAP. 

One of the moves for the WOD was Hand Stand Push Ups. 


In the past, I've done the modified move, but today I took the plunge and did the real thing.  The scariest part is actually getting yourself into position.

You have to trust the wall and be "one" with the wall.  The wall helps your  legs stay up and its up to your arms to move up and down.  I was only moving up and down a little bit, BUT I was very excited not to do the modified move. 

Even though at 5am when I woke up I was grumpy and didn't want to go, I am happy I went.  I knew I had a work happy hour today so if I didn't go in the morning I wouldn't have gotten the WOD in. 


Skill:
Group Stretch

WOD: "Nate"
4 Get Out of the Pools
4 Hand Stand Push Ups
8 Kettlebell Swings (35lbs)

20 Minute AMRAP

10+7


No comments:

Post a Comment